“Full” or “Limited” Warranty
- All Circuit Tree hardware warranties are “Full” warranties.
- Circuit Tree will provide warranty service to anyone owning the device during the warranty period.
- Circuit Tree will provide the service for anything covered under this warranty free of charge.
- Circuit Tree will provide a full replacement or refund, at the consumers choice, only if Circuit Tree cannot repair the product.
- We will provide warranty service without requiring the customer to return the warranty card. Serial numbers will need to be observable to confirm hardware match.
- Circuit Tree will not limit the duration of any implied warranty, below the listed warranty period.
What is Covered
- This warranty covers all hardware failures with the device, caused by a manufacturing defect or fault of installation.
- If a part or component damages other parts in a custom built or modified device, also covered under the same warranty, all the device parts effected are covered.
What is Not Covered
- Accidental damage is not covered. Examples of accidental damage are physical damage, electrical surge damage, water damage, or drop damage as examples. Circuit Tree expects customers to use their devices on properly regulated and protected power sources.
- Port damage is not covered unless it shows no physical damage, in which the fault falls onto the motherboard, logic board, or main board.
- Software faults are not covered, such as failed updates, drivers, viruses, malware, data loss and so forth. Circuit Tree expects its customers to surf the internet safely as possible, use anti-virus software, and perform system updates when required, in a timely fashion.
- If a device component or part is replaced by anyone other than Circuit Tree, this warranty is considered void.
How Long Does this Coverage Last
- The coverage of the warranty lasts a total of 36 months, or 3 years from the date of purchase delivery.
Who is Covered
- This warranty covers the unit device, and is not attached to any one person. If the device is sold from one person to another, the warranty carries on for the remainder of its term.
How to Obtain Services
- If a device is in need of warranty repair or replacement, it must be brought in person to Circuit Tree’s place of business at 4-555 Main Street Cardston Alberta.
What Circuit Tree Will Do
- Circuit Tree will perform a diagnostic. If the fault is covered under this warranty, the service labour, and all parts associated with it will be performed free of charge.
- If a device needs to be replaced, it will be replaced free of charge. If the model is not available, an equivalent model will be provided. This can be new or refurbished. If the replacement device is refurbished it must be of a “new quality.”
- If Circuit Tree determines that no replacement device can be found, a credit for the full amount will be issued for use towards a new device, or a cash refund for the devices value will be issued at the customers request.
- Serial numbers, product keys, and other product info will be kept by Circuit Tree in order to verify device coverage.
What Circuit Tree Will Not Due
- Circuit Tree will not replace a device if it is determined it can be repaired.
- Circuit Tree will not issue a cash refund or credit for a device if it can be repaired.
No Other Express Warranty Applies
- This warranty is the sole and exclusive warranty. No employee, agent, dealer, or other person is authorized to alter this warranty or make any other warranty on behalf of Circuit Tree.
Limitation and Liability
- This warranty is limited to the business partnership operating as Circuit Tree and is only valid with a single product.
- Each device that a client wishes to have covered under warranty must have its own warranty agreement.
- Circuit Tree is not liable for any harm that may occur in operation of the devices it sells.
- Repair time for faulty devices under warranty varies. A turn around time cannot be guaranteed.